We are excited to announce a change to our student 1:1 iPad initiative. We are introducing the iPad Summer Take-Home Program. Starting today, we are giving you the option to keep your iPad during the summer or return it until the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
Students with no outstanding fines who elect to keep their iPad during the summer must pre-purchase the $50/year iPad Care Plan (insurance) before June 13, 2018. This care plan payment will cover the device during the summer and through the end of next school year (two incidents per year). Please review the financial responsibility and insurance guidelines below. Payment can be made in the Board of Education office between the hours of 8am and 3pm, Monday through Friday. We accept cash and checks made payable to “Clayton Board of Education.”
Students who have outstanding fines or opt out of the iPad Summer Take-Home Program will have their devices collected on June 14, 2018.
Clayton Board of Education Technology Department
350 East Clinton Street
Clayton, NJ 08312
(856) 881-8700 x3216
Financial Responsibility and Optional Care Plan (Insurance)
- An Optional Care Plan (insurance) is provided through the Clayton Public School District for student- issued Apple iPad devices for a fee of $50 per user per year.
- The Optional Care Plan is meant to protect against accidental damage and theft.
- The Optional Care Plan covers a maximum of two incidents per year with no deductible. Any additional incidents are subject to repair costs and fines listed below in the “Table of Estimated Pricing for Intentional Damage, Lost Equipment, Uninsured, and 2+ Incidents.”
- Uninsured devices are subject to the repair costs and fines listed below in the “Table of Estimated Pricing for Intentional Damage, Lost Equipment, Uninsured, and 2+ Incidents.”
- Devices that are damaged due to misuse, deliberate damage, and neglect may result in a fine being issued to the users/parents.
- In case of theft, vandalism, and other criminal acts, a police report MUST be filed by the student or parent and reported to district administration immediately.
- Each user is issued an iPad, wall charger, lightning to USB cable, and protective case/cover.
Apple iPad Optional Care Plan (insurance) Coverage
|What is Covered? (two Incidents per year)||What is not Covered?|
|Accidental Damage (drops/spills)||Intentional Damage|
|Cracked Screen||Lost Equipment|
|Flood||War or Government Seizure|
|Theft (police report must be submitted to the District)|
|Power Surge by Lightning|
Table of Estimated Pricing for Intentional Damage, Lost Equipment, Uninsured, and 2+ Incidents
|Broken and/or Cracked Screen||$300|
|Damage Casing and/or Bezel||$100|
|Damaged and/or Lost Wall Charger and/or USB Cable||$30|
|Damaged and/or Lost Protective Case/Cover||$60|
|Missing/Removed Asset Tags/Labels||$5|
|Lost Device (replacement cost)||$600|
|Physically damaged device that cannot be repaired (replacement cost)||$600|
|*The costs of any other parts needed for repairs will be based on Apple’s current price list.|