Dear Parents and Guardians:
Your child’s health and wellbeing is our first priority. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic and in compliance with all NJ government regulations, your student will have the option to enroll in Clayton Cyber School at either the elementary, middle, or high school level, rather than attend the on-site hybrid model. Clayton Cyber School is a Board of Education approved program that meets the same rigorous academic standards as our on-site program. Offering a cyber school option allows the Clayton School District to maintain continuity of instruction that meets the needs of all learners.
Below are preliminary facts about Clayton Cyber School that will enable you to select the best option for your child by August 24, 2020. If you decide to enroll your child in Clayton Cyber School, you will receive more detailed information.
- Clayton Cyber School will run for the entire 2020-2021 school year, unless otherwise determined by the Superintendent and/or the Governor.
- Clayton Cyber School will utilize two providers for remote learning: IXL for Grades K-5 and Apex Learning for Grades 6-12.
- Clayton Cyber School will run during normal school hours.
- Academic support will be provided for students with IEPs, 504s, and students who require ELL services.
- Once enrolled, students will remain enrolled for a minimum of one marking period; however, students may remain in Clayton Cyber School for the entire school year.
- Clayton Cyber School offers quality programming aligned with the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- Cyber school students will be fully supported through online and on-site administrators and staff.
- Daily attendance and completion of work is required. District Attendance and Grading policies will apply to all students enrolled in Clayton Cyber School.
- Technology support will be provided by either Clayton School District or the learning platform (IXL or Apex).
- Students may opt to transition to on-site or remote learning throughout the school year, with enrollment dates to be determined.