Clayton Public Schools Special Education Parent Advisory Group
Clayton SEPAG Mission Statement: The mission of the Clayton Special Education Parent Advisory Group (SEPAG) is to encourage honest and effective communication, understanding, and mutual respect in a supportive partnership inclusive of all students, parents, educators, and the community at large in an effort to ensure the delivery of appropriate services to students with disabilities.
Additional SEPAG Information. Choose a category below:
- About SEPAG
- To provide direct input on the policies, programs, and practices that affect services and supports for students with disabilities.
- To increase the involvement of families of children with special needs in school activities.
- To advise on issues that affect the education, health, and safety of students with special needs.
Who should attend a SEPAG meeting?
- Parents and guardians in the district with a student or students with disabilities.
- Parents and guardians in the district with a student or students eligible for or receiving services under an IEP or 504 plan.
What happens at a SEPAG meeting?
- Concerns related to a group of students are shared and discussed.
- District representatives provide updates related to special services in the school district and at the state and national levels.
- Parents have adequate time to discuss issues among themselves and plan the agenda for the next meeting.
- Speakers, other district leaders, and individual staff members may be invited, based upon requests from the SEPAG.
What else can a member of the SEPAG do to advance the mission?
- Volunteer to be a parent representative regarding issues and concerns raised at your individual school.
- Remember that SEPAG meetings are not the forum for a discussion about individual students or a child’s IEP. Topics are limited to those with impact on all students or a group of students. Additionally, these meetings are for parents only. It is not appropriate to have your child attend these meetings.
- SEPAG meetings may prove to be for parents only. There may be times when having children at the meeting would be inappropriate. This is a decision that the SEPAG members can make ahead of time based on the topics that are to be discussed.
Clayton SEPAG meets in the high school media center at 6:00 pm on the following dates: 12/6/18, 1/3/19, 2/7/19, 3/7/19, 4/4/19, 5/2/19, and 6/6/19. If you have any questions about the group, please contact Greg Esposito at 856-881-8704 x 3007 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up for the Remind group to receive reminders on meetings and other information by texting @6f8cc6 to 81010.
- SEPAG Agendas
- SEPAG Minutes