College Admissions Counselors, you can now schedule your visit through RepVisits. Click here.
District Guidance Department Personnel
Supervisor of Guidance and Counseling
- (856) 881-8701 x1010
High School Counselor (9th & 10th)
- (856) 881-8701 x1011
Middle School Counselor (6th-8th Grade)
- (856) 881-8701 x1013
High School Counselor (11th & 12th)
- (856) 881-8701 x1008
Mary Ellen Walker
Herma Simmons Elementary School Counselor
- (856) 881-8704 x3291
Student Assistance Counselor
- (856) 881-8701 x1015
- (856) 881-8701 x1005
The primary role of Guidance is to help students achieve academic success. The information provided here will assist in preparing students for success throughout their school years and in future endeavors. Guidance can help with:
- adolescent problems and issues with peers, parents, and teachers.
- career information, college planning, and occupational assessment
- scholarship information and applications
- course selection information and assistance with scheduling classes
- academic conferences, interventions, and peer tutoring
- conflict resolution, anger management, and substance abuse
Students or parents who would like to speak with a counselor or arrange a conference should call the guidance department at (856) 881-8701. Students can also stop by the guidance office and make an appointment to see their counselor. A pass will be counted as an excused absence from class.