October 2, 2020
Dear Clayton School Community:
This letter is to inform you that a player on the High School field hockey team has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The player is a student in our Cyber School Program. The District is coordinating closely with NJSIAA and following local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community. Initial contact tracing has identified the individuals who have been in close contact. The people who have been in close contact have been notified and quarantined. Based on the recommendation of local health officials and the COVID-19 risk matrix, our schools will remain open. The status of this situation is fluid, and we are monitoring it closely.
We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks, and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school; and
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
As always, we appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant but sensible in your approach to dealing with this health concern. Please visit our district website under parent/student resources for additional information.
Nikolaos C. Koutsogiannis
Superintendent of Schools