November 25, 2020
Dear Clayton School Community:
This letter is to inform you that an employee at Clayton Public School District has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This individual was in close contact with the employees who tested positive earlier this week and had been quarantined as a precaution. The District is coordinating closely with public health officials and following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community. The people who have been in close contact have been notified and quarantined. Initial contact tracing has indicated that no students have been in close contact with this individual.
The District is cleaning and disinfecting all exposed areas. The school is also taking precautions to prevent the introduction and spread of viruses and other germs and is cleaning frequently touched surfaces daily. The status of this situation is fluid, and we are monitoring it closely.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks, and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school; and
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
As always, we appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant but sensible in your approach to dealing with this health concern.
Nikolaos C. Koutsogiannis
Superintendent of Schools