January 8, 2021
Dear Herma S. Simmons Elementary School Parents/Guardians:
We are happy to announce that starting on Tuesday, January 19, 2021, we will be returning to Phase 2 of our BACK TO SCHOOL PLAN for all preschool, kindergarten and special education program students. Beginning on Monday, January 25, 2021, we will have our 1st – 5th grade students return to the hybrid Blue/Gold schedule. We sincerely hope that an elevated level of patience and understanding will continue to be extended to all of our Simmons family as we sort through circumstances that no one has ever experienced.
We will continue to follow our detailed guidelines for how daily operations would continue throughout the remainder of this year based on current guidance from the CDC, NJDOE and the Office of Governor Phil Murphy. Our primary focus, as always, is the safety and security of our learning community. With that in mind, please note the schedules for the above listed grades and programs:
JANUARY 19, 2021
PRESCHOOL 3 and 4 YEAR-OLDS—->9:15am-1:30pm (5 days/week)
KINDERGARTEN—->8:40am-1:00pm (5 days/week)
SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS—->8:40am-1:00pm (5 days/week)
JANUARY 25, 2021
GRADES 1, 2, 3 ,4 and 5—->Hybrid Blue/Gold Schedule—->8:40am-1:00pm
Additional information is as follows:
- The Clayton Cyber School option will continue to be offered as mandated by Governor Murphy. The learning schedule for the Cyber School students will not change, and these students will continue to have the same online teacher for Cyber School.
- For current information, kindly follow the Herma S. Simmons Elementary School Facebook page and sign up for my Class Dojo page by downloading the Dojo app on the App Store or Google Play Store.
- As part of the daily routine in order for students to come to Simmons ES, parents and guardians must continue to complete a daily health check on ATGENIUS. This is not an option as we must keep everyone healthy and safe. If you have not signed up for ATGENIUS, please visit the website now in order set up your account for your child(ren) —https://atgenius.com/
- Please follow all established parking lot regulations when dropping off and picking up students.
- Food pick up for Cyber School students will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00am-11:00am. Hybrid students will continue to have a “grab and go.”
- I know that many of you may have concerns and questions. Checking out our district website is the easiest way to find answers to your questions. However, if you can’t find it there, please do not hesitate to message me on my Dojo account or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being fluid, flexible and ready to adapt to change will be critical for all of us as we move forward. Thank you for all that you are doing, and please know we truly appreciate your positivity and support as we continue to navigate the 2020-2021 school year together.
Very truly yours,
Scott G. Uribe